The Playhouse Theatre Group, Inc. Internship Program is a great way for young theatre professionals to learn and grow both professionally and personally. The program allows students and graduates, to have a hands-on experience.
2017 SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS:
AT A GLANCE
- Interns are volunteers who are seeking an educational experience. Summer interns are given a stipend of $100 per week to cover their lunch and transportation costs associated with the internship.
- Internships are available for performance, administrative, and production departments.
- Interns generally work full time, six days a week for a 10-week period.
- Start and end date is flexible: exact dates determined by the intern's school schedule and other previous commitments. Performance interns must begin on or before May 22, 2017.
- Each intern is assigned a staff member as a mentor. That mentor is ultimately responsible for overseeing the intern's work, giving suggestions and guidance, and being available to answer questions. Each mentor will have a scheduled meeting with their intern at the midpoint and the end of their internship to review what is going well and where the intern needs to concentrate on improvement.
- Internships are available in the following categories: Performance, Business Office, Marketing, Development, Literary, Education, Stage Management, Costumes, Production
- Playhouse on Park encourages theatre artists with multiple talents and interests. Internships can often be customized to fit a student's strengths and goals.
- We do not provide housing.
See full list of Internship Descriptions | 2017 Application Form | Frequently Asked Questions
Playhouse Theatre Group, Inc. is committed to a policy of non-discrimination. Playhouse Theatre Group, Inc. does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, marital status, unfavorable discharge from the military, handicap, or disability in its hiring practices, programs and activities.
The Summer internship program is sponsored in part by a generous challenge grant from the Ellen Jeanne Goldfarb Memorial Trust. If you make a donation to support the Summer Internship Program, the Ellen Jeanne Goldfarb Memorial Trust will match it dollar for dollar. Contact Mollie Cook at MCook@playhousetheatregroup.org to learn more.
Back to Education Home
All applicants must be 18 years of age and must complete all required paperwork to be considered. A completed application includes the following items:
- A completed Application Form
- A Resumé or Curriculum Vitae documenting your administrative and artistic experiences
- Two letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Work Samples, if applicable. Work samples will not be returned to the applicant. Photocopies/digital images/DVDs are encouraged.
Applications should be submitted no later than April 1, 2016, however performance interns should submit applications by March 15, 2017 for full consideration.
Some candidates will then be asked to interview.
FALL AND SPRING INTERNSHIPS
Fall and Spring Internships can also be arranged for college credit. Please contact us for more information.
Kyle Reynolds, Director of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
Browse the FAQ