Playhouse Theatre Group, Inc. seeks a part time Production Manager for the award-winning Playhouse on Park, a non-profit professional theatre in West Hartford, CT.
The Production Manager is responsible for the management of all production staff and production elements at Playhouse on Park theatre. The Production Manager reports to both the Artistic Directors and the Executive Director. The Playhouse on Park Production Manager maintains a high level of artistic integrity, safety and appropriate working environment for artistic and production personnel. The Production Manager also works to support the maintenance and improvement of the facility with specific attention to the storage and theatre spaces and equipment therein. The primary responsibilities of the Production Manager are scheduling, budgeting, contracting and execution of all aspects of physical production, including scenery, lights, costumes, props, paint, sound, and projections for all productions, workshops, readings and events.
Job duties include:
- Oversee scheduling, staffing, and budgeting of all aspects of a production
- Oversee implementation of all theatrical elements on schedule and on budget
- Contract all designers and staff technicians
- Oversee hiring and implementation of all production staff and volunteers
- Correspond with designers to solve all technical and financial issues while maintaining artistic integrity
- Verify and execute purchases as needed by designers and technicians
- Track purchases and maintain real-time budgetary usage
- Coordinate and Schedule Production Meetings that maximize team availability
- Be present for and lead production meetings and technical rehearsals
- Follow proper payroll reporting procedures for all production staff
- Maintain offstage storage facility located at 983 New Britain Ave
- Coordinate transportation of technical elements, products, and materials between the storage facility and/or vendors and Playhouse on Park
Ideal candidate should have:
- Basic knowledge of all technical departments
- Management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and various email platforms
- Experience with Vectorworks and/or CAD preferred
- Ability to work within a budget
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gather/analyze information skillfully
- Ability to work well in group problem-solving situations
- Ability to work under pressure on many projects and work with people of varying experience levels; and
- Strong verbal communication skills, diplomatic and leadership skills.
BOX OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR
Playhouse Theatre Group, Inc. seeks a part time Box Office Administrator for the award-winning Playhouse on Park, a non-profit professional theatre in West Hartford, CT.
Box Office Administrators serve as customer service representatives in the box office during regular box office hours. This includes providing quality service; selling tickets, subscriptions, gift cards, merchandise, etc; registering students for education programs; managing ticket conflicts; responding to inquiries; and more. Box Office Administrators also tend to numerous administrative tasks during their working hours supporting the Box Office Manager, Director of Education, the Marketing & PR manager and more. Box Office hours are Tuesday through Friday 10am - 6pm, Saturday 10am - 2pm. Looking for someone to work approximately 12 - 15 hours per week within these hours. Schedule can be flexible.
- strong customer service skills
- excellent written and verbal communications skills
- ability to multi-task and prioritize projects
- able to complete administrative tasks with minimal supervision
- posses strong typing and data entry skills and basic computer skills
Send resume, cover letter and salary history to:
Playhouse on Park
Attn: Tracy Flater
244 Park Road
West Hartford, CT 06119
CREATIVE TEACHING ARTISTS
Playhouse on Park is seeking motivated, creative teaching artists for specialty classes for students Grade K - Adult. Teaching artists will follow a general curriculum focused on teaching acting technique incorporated with the artist’s specialty in an age appropriate, comfortable, and professional setting. Teaching artists with talents as a music director, dancer, circus skills, stage combat, and puppetry are encouraged to apply.
Competitive hourly salary, based on experience.Please submit a resume, cover letter, and list of references to:
Elizabeth Simmons [email]
Director of Education
Playhouse on Park
Playhouse on Park seeks a part time volunteer "handyman" - could trade time for a couple of season tickets. We need someone capable of taking care of general building maintenance and minor repairs (carpentry, plumbing, painting, special projects, cleaning). For more information, contact Tracy Flater email@example.com or 860-523-5900 ext 10.
Playhouse on Park is always seeking qualified over-hire theatre Technicians; Carpenters, Artisans, Painters and Electricians. The 2018-2019 Season spans August through July with opportunities throughout. Ideal candidates work quickly while maintaining our high production values. Please send letter, resume, and references to Info@PlayhouseOnPark.org
or Playhouse on Park 244 Park Road, West Hartford, CT 06119