SUMMER 2021 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Playhouse Theatre Group, Inc. Internship Program is a great way for emerging theatre professionals to learn and grow both professionally and personally. The program allows college students and recent graduates of diverse backgrounds to have a hands-on experience as ensemble members in a nurturing and collaborative environment. We are currently taking applications for the 2021 Internships in multiple areas including Performance, Marketing, Development, Finance, Company Management, Literary, Education, Stage Management, Costumes, and Production.
Internships can often be customized to fit a student's strengths and goals, and some summer interns may have a dual focus. Interns also have the opportunity to take Master Classes, and are assigned a mentor for the duration.
Dates of the 10 - week full time internship are June 14-August 22, 2021.
2021 SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
- Interns are volunteers who are seeking an educational experience. Summer interns are given a stipend of $150 per week to cover their lunch and transportation costs associated with the internship.
- Interns generally work full time, six days a week for a 10-week period.
- We do not provide housing. Rental properties are prolific and vary in price. Single apartments can range upwards of $550/mo. Living with roommates can be a much cheaper alternative. For roommate and apartment listings, Craig's List, Facebook Marketplace are great resources
Playhouse on Park is excited to announce the inaugural productions of the Connecticut Shakespeare Festival! Into the Woods and A Midsummers Night’s Dream will be staged outdoors at Auerfarm State Park in Bloomfield, Connecticut. NOTE: Season subject to change due to COVID restrictions.
Playhouse on Park is committed to developing a work environment that is reflective of the diverse community that it serves. Applicants from all populations and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. Consideration for employment will be given to all applicants without regard to race/ethnicity, gender identity/sexual orientation, age or ability. Playhouse Theatre Group, Inc. is committed to a policy of non-discrimination. Playhouse Theatre Group, Inc. does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, marital status, unfavorable discharge from the military, handicap, or disability in its hiring practices, programs and activities.
See full list of 2021 Internship Descriptions | 2021 Application Form | Frequently Asked Questions
Back to Education Home
All applicants must be 18 years of age and must submit the following:
- A completed Application Form
- A resumé documenting your administrative and artistic experiences
- Two letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Work Samples such as digital portfolios, websites, and reels if available
We will accept applications and supplemental materials by way of email - send to MHinton@PlayhouseTheatreGroup.org.
Apply here: 2021 Application Form
Applications should be submitted no later than April 1, 2021 for full consideration.
Some candidates will asked to interview or audition.
FALL AND SPRING INTERNSHIPS
Fall and Spring Internships can also be arranged for college credit. Please contact us for more information.
Michael Hinton, Acting Director of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
Browse the FAQ